Camping is a lot of fun if you have all the right gear. Especially when it comes to your sleeping bag. There are many people that regret camping because they were cold during the night due to having the wrong sleeping bag.
The moment that you know how to choose the right sleeping bag, then you will be able to go camping and have the best sleeping bag ever. One that will be perfect for you. These are some tips on how you can choose the best sleeping bag.
Different Shape Sleeping Bags
The first thing that you need to know when it comes to choosing your sleeping bag, is the different shapes that you can find. There is more than one shape sleeping bag that you can choose from.
And, these different shapes have reasons for the shape. These are what you need to know about the different shapes of sleeping bags.
- Rectangular. These bags are designed for movement. It has a lot of movement for legs and arms in the bag. And, it can even be unzipped completely to use it as a comforter. Great for the summer outings.
- Semi-rectangular. This is a mixture of movement and warmth. It is not as rectangular as the rectangular sleeping bag, but it is a lot warmer and cozier.
- Mummy bag. This is the bag that is a snug fit. In your body shape. This is the sleeping bag that is the warmest and you can sleep on any side, with the bag. It rolls as your body is rolling. Ensuring that you are kept warm.
Different Sleeping Bags for Different Temperatures
Now that you know the different shapes, there is another essential thing that you should look for so that you can purchase the right sleeping bag. Different bags are made for different temperatures.
Some bags are designed for the hot, humid summer nights, while other sleeping bags are made for cold, snowing winter nights. This is why you should consider the place and season that you are going camping.
If you don’t know how to make sure that you are purchasing the right bag for the right temperature, then you should ask a professional for assistance. It is the number one mistake that many people are making.
Features That You Should Consider
Besides the shape of the sleeping bag and the temperature of the sleeping bag, there are some other things that you should consider as well. Features that you might need to look for when it comes to purchasing a sleeping bag. These are some of the features that are making a great sleeping bag to have.
- A sleeping bag hood, for that extra cold nights. Great to have when you know that you are going to sleep in the colder seasons.
- Bag with more than one zipper. This might sound strange, but this is great if you are looking for something that will give you some ventilation. This is a great option for the hotter seasons and location.
- Side pocket. A great addition for storing things like your phone, or flashlight during the night. To make sure that you don’t lose it while you are sleeping.
The Material and Lining of the Sleeping Bag
The material and lining of the sleeping bag are going hand in hand with the temperature that the bag is offering. And, this is something that you should consider before you purchase your bag. You need to make sure that you know what material and lining are better for what season.
This is to ensure that you won’t purchase the wrong sleeping bag, just because the salesman said that this was the better sleeping bag.
The Price and Durability of the Sleeping Bag
The price and durability of the sleeping bag is also something that you should consider before you are making your final decision. The more durable the sleeping bag is going to be, the pricier it is going to be as well. However, a durable bag will ensure that you have a sleeping bag that will be in perfect condition for a much longer time.
It isn’t recommended that you are purchasing the cheapest sleeping bag that you can find. This is just going to let you purchase a sleeping bag that won’t give you all the benefits of a quality sleeping bag and it won’t last as long.
If you think that all sleeping bags are similar and that you don’t need to know how to find the right sleeping bag for your camping trip, you are going to make a huge mistake. There are many things that you need to make sure about before you can purchase your sleeping bag.
Especially, if you want to make sure that you are purchasing a high quality, durable sleeping bag that will be comfortable and that will be cozy at the right temperature.